My portfolio shows how I went from only using Photoshop for digital art, to also using Illustrator, because before just about all of my work would’ve been done on Photoshop, but in grade 10 I learned about how Photoshop creates raster images and Illustrator creates vector images. I also learned how different the two programs are, and what to use for different things. It can also show how my design process has changed, now I am able to choose a colour to actually stick by when choosing a colour for my logo, although it is not a completely set colour, it is a chosen colour for default uses. My design choices for my portfolio compliment my brand identity and personality of my company because there’s the colourful, edgy and wacky webpage mockup that I did that has many bright colours like my brand identity. I also have a parody image of Stephen Harper which shows the fun mood of my company. And the other works show my seriousness and technical skills, so people don’t think my company’s all about fun and games. This portfolio might evolve and contain even more of my works, and my brand identity could become more personal to me later on, so when I apply to a university/college or a job, right away people will know who I am, what I can do, and could just hire me right on the spot if I’m who they’re looking for.
And if I had more time, and had sent myself my logo like I originally thought, I probably would have it on my banner right now. Also, if I had InDesign at home, along with my logos, I would probably have my business cards done as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment